(001/002/003) Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA)
The Core Academic Skills Assessment is a customized educator licensure assessment designed to measure a candidate's knowledge and skills in relation to the REPA Indiana Educator Standards.
CASA includes three subtests:
You may register to take each subtest independently or you may register to
take all three subtests in one test session.
Internet-based test; multiple-choice and constructed-response questions
- (001) Reading: 40 multiple-choice questions
- (002) Mathematics: 40 multiple-choice questions
- (003) Writing: 42 multiple-choice questions, 1 constructed-response assignment
- (001) Reading: 75 minutes
- (002) Mathematics: 75 minutes
- (003) Writing: 105 minutes
By appointment, year round. Test appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The availability of specific test dates and times is shown when you schedule your appointment.
||Available at test centers across Indiana. View test center locations.
Details about specific test center locations are available when you schedule your test appointment.
||220 per subtest; candidates must pass all three subtests.
|Reference Materials Provided for this Test
A formulas page is provided for the CASA—Mathematics subtest. Review it now .
Reference materials are provided on-screen as part of your test.
||$38 per subtest. Additional fees may apply. View test fees and payment information.
If you take CASA—Reading or CASA—Mathematics, you will receive a preliminary score report and receipt of completion at the test center immediately after testing. If you take CASA—Writing, you will receive a receipt of completion at the test center immediately after testing. Your official score report will be available in your account on the CASA website according to the following schedule:
- If you take only CASA—Reading or CASA—Mathematics: your score report is available within 10 business days after testing.
- If you take CASA—Writing or all CASA subtests at one time: your score report for all subtests taken on the test date is available within 20 business days after testing.
||When you register, you must agree to abide by all testing rules and policies. Read them now.
||View the preparation materials available for this test.
Tests may include test questions that are being evaluated for future administrations and that do not affect a candidate's score.